Team Selection Policy
As we have a list of around 30 players, it is impossible to give
everyone a game each week (except when Tony Blardyfarken schedules the
inevitable catch-up games on the same night).
So (depending on availability) the rotation policy will be as follows:
- Foundation Members will have precedence in Game selections.
- The longer your association with this farken club,
the more likely your chances of being selected. ie Big Al, Mojo
and Herschelle are still just fill-ins.
- Players who have played several games in a row will be rested for players who
have had a week (or more) off.
- Players who are only available for certain timeslots (i.e. not 5:30 games) will
be selected over players who can play at any time that Blardyfarken throws at us.
- Players who advise their availability will be selected over other who do not
- Players who fail to show or notify of unavailability regularly will be placed
at the end of the players list.
- Players are required to wash the shirts on a rotation basis.
- Washing of the shirts greatly improves your selection chances in next
weeks game. (This can not be used by fill-ins to get games)
- Fill-ins and wannabes play on a rotational basis, positions pending, so
that all fill-ins have equal opportunity to play as other fill-ins.
- Fill-ins playing a number of games in a row are not automatically deemed
Selection for the finals is a little different as net worths come into
calculation. Being the bloodthirsty, deadly serious, title hunting side that we
are, it is Famulee policy that the top 8 net worths will usually make the final
side (depending on availability and also number of games played that season).
Of course selector discretion does enter into the calculations, so basically
whatever I say goes. Beer and monetary donations will definately not hurt your
chances of selection either!